We're hiring a Communications officer
The EDP is looking for a new full-time staff member or an external consultant to support the head of communication in all his daily communications tasks: external communication, print, web, and press relations.
The role will be based at the EDP’s headquarters in Brussels and will also require occasional travel to help with events and meetings if the person is hired with a work contract.
- External communication strategy: promotion of the party’s image and visibility • Design of the editorial line with policy and communications managers
- Creating and administering content for the EDP website and all our social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn as well as others.
- Optimizing EDP’s pages within each social media platform • Press relations: writing press releases, contact with journalists (European and national levels), organisation of press conferences
- Drafting the regular newsletter and various emailing
- Organisation of and participation in the design of the various communication tools
- Collaborating with our MEPs, Committee of Regions members and members parties to manage content, identify key players and coordinate social media campaigns
- Monitoring of media and political news
- Required: at least 1 year of experience in political communications,
- Required: fluent in French and in English,
- Knowledge of Italian and/or German will be an asset,
- Knowledge of one of our members’ languages will be an advantage
- Knowledge of EU decision-making processes, EU policies and the European Institutions will be an asset.
- Able to work in a diverse team from different backgrounds and nationalities,
- Able to communicate clearly and quickly both orally and in writing, • Able to understand tasks and situations quickly and to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication and consulting skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Basic knowledge of the Adobe package (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design) ;
- Political skills, instincts and affinity with European Democrats’ values and political priorities.
- Knowledge of social analytics tools.
Type of contract: 4-month work contract or self-employment contract (extension possible)
Start date: 1 September
Salary: to be discussed
Possibility to be hired as self-employed
Contact: Please send your CV, a cover letter and an example of a communications plan you implemented to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications officer position in the subject line of the email
Deadline for applying: 20 July 2022.