European Movement International Federal Assembly in Riga
A delegation of the EDP Presidency, composed of Treasurer Jean-Marie Beaupuy, Vice-President Andrzej Potocki and Vice-Secretary-General José Felix Merladet, went to Riga on April 24 & 25, to attend the Federal Assembly of the European Movement International.
During this meeting, the EMI has adopted a new workplan and political resolutions. The workplan for 2016 can be found here.
- Resolution on the Armenian Genocide
- A joint agenda for the Post-2015 Agenda and COP21 Climate Change
- Conference Resolution on safeguarding the Freedom of Movement in light of new security measures
- Resolution on the Eastern Partnership summit and review of the European Neighbourhood Policy
- Resolution on the OSCE and the Helsinki+40 Process
Moreover, a new Secretary-General has been elected: the EDP warmly congratulates Petros Fassoulas and expresses its sincere thanks to his predecessor, Diogo Pinto.